Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Working from Home: Evolving Online Communication


Working from Home: Evolving Online Communication 
~ Gwilda Wiyaka ~
Due to COVID-19, many of us are suddenly confronted with holding classes, sessions or meetings online. Having been a teacher with years of experience speaking in front of large groups, I was shocked at the enormous adjustment that working in cyberspace required. When holding my first Zoom class, I was suddenly confronted with sitting alone in my living room, facing a web cam, and speaking to electronics rather than people. To top it off, I am camera shy in the extreme. For the first time in years, I was tongue tied!
With the second wave of COVID-19 looming, it occurred to me that many of us need some new tools to evolve the way we speak and connect through an impersonal electronic modality. With all the isolation, how can we personalize and humanize our online communications? How can we reach out and touch our people, heart to heart, to ease their way in this frightening new landscape?
LISTEN HERE >>>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too Much Pain!

      Too Much Pain! We are in the middle of an opioid crisis. At this point, many Doctors are afraid to prescribe opioids, even to those ...